Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fan line top/bottom points




Should fans only be drawn along lower lows (in the case of a reversal from an uptrend) or higher highs (in a reversal from a downtrend)? In a case like this, if Gold bottomed out right where it closed yesterday in the chart, would I still draw a fan line or only if it had a lower low? Eventually, whether it turns down or trades flat, it will cross a third trend line, so how would I determine that. Trading flat is obvious enough when it happens, but I'm just wondering about this specific sort of instance. It looks to me like a symmetrical triangle formation right now and could break out either way in the next month or two. Please post thoughts on CRISS forums. I don't want to take away from anyone's learning by creating an offsite comment post unless you copy it and post twice. I just like being able to post the pictures for reference. Thanks.


No comments: